Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sticking to Diets

Some people have a hard time avoiding certain foods that cause health problems and are constantly fighting the temptation to eat "just a little bit."
I have many limits to what I can eat, but never feel tempted to cheat. This wouldn't work for people like diabetics who can eat small amounts of problem foods, but for anyone who must eliminate things from their diets completely, my method might help.
It's simple. I just define myself as someone who never eats the forbidden foods.
If I were having serious financial problems would I knock down some little old lady and steal her purse? Of course not. I'm simply not the sort of person who would do something like that.
If somebody suggested I try to get on a professional football team would I do it? Certainly not. I'm an old lady and never liked sports anyway. That wouldn't be me.
Either of those things would involve unpleasant consequences and so would eating forbidden foods. That's why I'd never consider doing them. I'm simply not the kind of person who does that. And, if you're on a special diet, I hope you can decide you're not, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment