Monday, April 27, 2009

The Noticer

I was one of the lucky people who got to read an advance copy of the newly released book, The Noticer, by Andy Andrews because I'm a member of the thomas Nelson book Reviewer Program. (Here's the link, http://brb.thomasnelson.com/)  I believe in honest reviews and will say the book was pretty good, though I've read better ones. It's a creative way of expressing some hints on how to have a positive attitude no matter what happens in life through a fictional story of an old man who pops up and gives good advice. The book doesn't admit that it's fiction, and the old man, who appears and disappears, is never explained. I suppose he's some sort of angel. However, the advice he gives is actually helpful, and I've already thought of several people I'll recommend the book to because they're going through some tough times right now. It would be a good gift for people in similar situations. Since lots of people are in need of encouragement right now, if enough of them read The Noticer the book will probably make a positive difference in the world, and that's far more important than having wonderful literary value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment