Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good Things About Special Needs

Recently I've met several people with special needs similar to those I deal with and discovered that a couple of acquaintances also had some. All of a sudden I have a bunch of new friends.
I probably talked about this at Thanksgiving time, but why wait until November to count our blessings? Special needs can cause a lot of problems and difficulties, but there are a couple of good things about them. One is that they help us appreciate things that aren't limited. The ease of becoming good friends with others who understand what you're living with because of their own experience is another good thing. In my opinion, that's a very good one.
In the long run when we look back on our lives I think we'll realize that relationships matter more than health, wealth, status, or lots of other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment